Lights! Camera! Action!
ATTENTION CHOREOGRAPHERS, DIRECTORS, STUDIO OWNERS, PERFORMING ARTS LEADERS, COLLEGE TEAMS, SOLO ARTISTS!
We are looking for the following genres to enter the 2020 Center Stage Showcase...
• Acrobatic- routine containing acrobatic technique with dance steps to connect moves
• Ballet- routine containing ballet technique
• Clogging- routine using clogging technique and steps
• Contemporary- blended modern and lyrical styles
• Ethnic/Folk-routine using movement specific to a particular culture or nationality
• Hip-Hop-NO suggestive moves or inappropriate music
• Jazz- routine using jazz technique and steps
• Liturgical- routine which incorporates praise and worship
• Open- routine consisting of more than one dance style
• Break dancing
• Tap- routine containing tap steps and technique.
• Variety- any style of dance
Performance songs should reflect positive, uplifting, encouraging or enlightening selections. We welcome styles of music that reflect different cultures and ethnicities. When you enroll in this showcase please keep this in mind.
The showcase will be held Saturday, April 25, 2020 @ 2:00pm at the Van Dyke Performance Space in Greensboro, NC. WE HOPE YOUR TEAM WILL BE ONE OF OUR PERFORMERS ON OUR PROFESSIONAL STAGE!
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
Registration Deadline: March 1, 2020. Registrations will be closed once all slots are filled and waiting list reaches capacity. Once we have reached capacity there will be a waiting list, so get your placement in the showcase early.
TYPES OF ENTRIES
* Solo- Is considered 1 performer
* Duet- 2 performers
* Trio- 3 performers
* Small Group- 4-9 performers
* Large Group- 10-16 performers
* Super Group - 17 -20 performers
* Production- due to spacing limitations we cannot accept performers over 20
PURPOSE OF SHOWCASE
To bridge the gap between communities of the performing arts reflecting different races and cultures. This showcase was created to give performers the unique opportunity to perform and showcase their talent in front a live audience on a professional stage platform.
What do you gain from this experience?
Showcasing your gifts and talents to the community
Positivity creative movement
Building new friendships
Live professional platform
What makes our showcase different?
Positive, uplifting atmosphere
Different genres of performing arts in one show
Different races and cultures
How do we enter?
1. Complete an application
2. Pay your enrollment fee
3. Sign the contract and waiver.
AFTER confirmation of your acceptance from our staff, you will receive an acceptance letter, and contract. If you are not accepted in this year’s showcase we encourage you to apply the following year and you will be refunded your entry fee minus the paypal fee.